We started our service since 1996 as the Rehabmont Physiotherapy Services and had later changed our name to Kerry Fung and Associates Physiotherapy Services. With an unrelenting quest to upgrade and update ourselves and to provide the best possible holistic healthcare to our clients and to cater for continuing professional development need for physiotherapists and other healthcare practitioners, we have expanded our scope of service and is now having three operational arms:
Physiotherapy is also called Physical Therapy. It is a form of assessment and treatment of the human body through natural and physical means and is an integral part of rehabilitation of injuries as well as promotion of health through the enhancement of human movements for clients of all age.
Physiotherapy modalities include:
- Manual and Manipulative Therapy
- Sports and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Electrophysical Agents, e.g.
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy
- Mechanical Traction
- Electromagnetic Field Therapy
- Low Level Laser Therapy, etc.
- Health Counselling and Education
Chinese Medicine is a healthcare system based on traditional Chinese medical philosophy with continual modernization with evidence-based practice. It is alternative or complementary to modern medicine.
Chinese medical practice includes herbal medicine (concentrated medicine granules or herbs), acupuncture, moxibustion, tuina (massage), cupping, guasha (scraping), etc.
Occupational Therapy aims at improving the function of the body and the mind through participation in occupational activities, so as to enhance the potential of a person following an injury or illness.
Occupational Therapy helps to:
- Improve physical functions
- Enhance activities of daily living (ADL) and self-care
- Improve intellectual functions & behavior of:
- Stroke patients
- Children suffering from autism and other developmental problems
- Elderly suffering from degenerative brain diseases
- Home modification and adaptation
- Dispense aids for improving functions
- Train family & carers to take care of patients
Clinical Psychology involves with the psychological assessment and therapies with children, adolescents, adults and older adults presenting with a range of psychiatric and emotional disorders such as depression, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, eating disorder, etc.
It utilizes a range of evidence-based therapy approaches, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, and Mindfulness based therapy, etc.
Massage Therapy is good way to relief stress, improve sleep, conquer tiredness and assist the body to recover. It is also a good way to improve quality of life and for health maintenance and promotion.
Podiatry / Chiropody
Podiatry / Chiropody helps to take care of clients’ foot and nail conditions.
- Pathological toe nail problems, e.g. ingrown toe nail, fungal infections, etc.
- Pathological foot skin problems, e.g. wounds, warts, corns and calluses, etc.
- Vascular assessments and diabetic foot complications screening.
- Biomechanical assessments and treatments, e.g. paddings, orthosis, footwear, etc.
Speech Therapy helps with linguistic and swallowing functions.
- Facial and Beauty Treatments
- Orthotics and Health Care Products
- On-field sports physiotherapy support
You may contact us for your healthcare and education needs. Our friendly staff and practitioners are here ready to help you.